Fiberglass Chopped Strand Mat ---- 300g, 450g, 650g
It is a non-woven E-glass or C-glass fiberglass fabric manufactured by spreading continuous filament roving of 50mm in length randomly and uniformly in combination with polyester binder in power form. It is characterized by good combination of resin, easy operation, good wet strength retention, good laminate transparency and low cost.
It is suitable for the application by hand lay-up FRP moldings, such as, various sheets and panels, boat hulls, boat tubs, cooling towers, corrosion resistant, vehicles, etc. Chemically bonded for use with polyester resin, used as a filler layer between woven roving when laminating. Commonly used by itself for a variety of glassing applications where a thick, heavy, durable, coarse finish is required. Whenever possible, use paint roller to apply resin to mat.
Advantage: Quickly wet out(resin),good molding property, easy to delete air bubbles. Evenly distribution of fiber and binder. Final products are with high mechanical strength, efficient retain mechanical strength against boiled water.
Area weight (%)
Binder Content (%)
Tensile Strength (N)
Glass fiber chopped strand mat is a kind of reinforced material cut from glass fiber precursor to a certain length of short cut fiber and bonded by powder binder or emulsion binder.
CSM is mainly applied to the hand lay-up molding, molding, centrifugal casting molding machinery, molding of glass fiber reinforced plastic winding technology. It is widely used for automobile parts, sanitary ware, chemical corrosion resistance pipe, cooling tower, storage tank, ship, building materials, furniture and other glass steel products.
1. the quality of the unit area is uniform, no stains and other defects.
2. the hardness is moderate and the flexibility is good.
3. is easy to soak completely, the product has little bubble, and the craft is good.
4. has good mold filling and mold coating, suitable for molding complex products.
5. has good mechanical and chemical properties.
Packaging & Storage:
1. Each chopped strand mat is wound onto a paper tube which the diameter is 76mm or 100mm, the products can be made in 30KGS/roll or 200meters/roll, and then be packed into plastic bag and carton box outside or wrapped up with kraft paper. The rolls can be vertically or horizontally placed. The rolls can be loaded into a container directly or on pallets.
2. Chopped strand mat should be stored in a dry, cool and rain-proof area. It is recommended that the temperature and humidity should be always maintained at 15-35 C and 35-65% respectively. To ensure safety and avoid damage to the product, the pallets should not to be stacked more than two layers. Any package without pallet should not be stacked horizontally more than four layers.